The Leicestershire Golf Club Winter Series Competition - Rules
1. The Leicestershire Golf Club Winter Series 2015-2016 will consist of 6 events between October 2015 and March 2016.
2. An overall Order of Merit will also be competed for and awarded to the player with the highest 4 cumulative Stableford scores from the 6 events.
3. All tournaments will be played under The R&A Rules of Golf and Local Rules of The Leicestershire Golf Club.
4. The Competition is open to both amateur and Professional golfers who will compete within the same competition.
5. The competition format will be individual Stableford at The Leicestershire Golf Club with full handicap allowance. All players will play from the white tees.
6. Handicap – Amateurs – full handicap, maximum handicap 18.
7. Handicap – Professionals – who hold membership and compete on the European Tour, Challenge Tour or Euro-Pro Tour will play off a handicap of +2. Professionals in the top 30 of their 2015 PGA Regional Order of Merit will also play off +2. All the other Professionals will play off scratch.
8. For all amateurs each event will act as a QUALIFIER and handicaps will be adjusted accordingly relative to the competitions standard scratch.
9. Preferred Lies – This rule will be determined on the day and if introduced it will be in operation in closely mown areas only. Players will be able to lift, clean and place within six inches no closer to the hole.
10. Further information can be obtained from the Professional Shop via 0116 2498792.
1. Any Professional Golfer.
2. Any Amateur with an active CONGU handicap. Players with a handicap of greater than 18 must play off 18 for the purposes of these events. Handicap certificates or CDH numbers must be produced at registration. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of any prizes won.
Entry Procedure and Start Sheet
1. Further information available at : www.theleicestershiregolfclub.co.uk/winterseries or Facebook: The Leicestershire Golf Club or The Leicestershire Professional Shop Twitter: @LeicesterGolfC or @TimStevensPGA
2. A start sheet will be available on the above website and social media sites.
1. £30.00 Per Person
2. All entry fees will be collected on the day of the event at registration and must be paid prior to play.
3. Payment must be made using CASH ONLY. Cheque or credit cards/debit cards will not be accepted.
4. Entries must be made by noon on the closing date. Late entries will be accepted via the Professional Shop subject to availability.
5. Once maximum numbers have been reached, further entries will be taken and placed on a reserve list.
6. Competitors may enter a maximum of 4 players per event. Please be aware that depending on entries players may not always be paired with those that they entered with.
Minimum Field Size
1. Each Tournament will have a minimum field of 50 players. If this number is not met 5 days prior to the event, the tournament may be cancelled.
2. In the event of withdrawals, places will be allocated from the reserve list on a first come first served basis. Event Itinerary 8:30 – 9:30 – Registration, including tea/coffee & bacon rolls 10:00 – Shotgun Start 14:30 – 15:30 – Collection of Cards 15:45 – Prize Giving
In The Event Of a Tie
1. In the event of a tie, determination will be made on a card count-back using the best scores on the back 9,6,3 last hole and finally sudden death from the first hole. As the events will be shotgun start the back 9 holes is holes 10-18, back 6 holes 13-18 etc.
2. In the event of a tie for the Order of Merit, the player with the highest cumulative Stableford scores after 6 events will be the overall winner.
1. Practice Rounds will be available for competitions only at £25.00 per round, subject to availability. 2. Practice facilities at the golf club will be available to competitors on the day of play. Driving range tokens will be sold at £2.00 each (30balls). Pace of Play Players are expected to be mindful of their position on the golf course in relation to the game in front and pace of play will be monitored. Persistent offenders will be subject to penalty and may be refused entry to future events.
Withdrawals and Absence
1. Prior to the closing date, withdrawal should be made by contacting the Pro Shop via email at email@example.com
2. Withdrawals received by telephone or email to the Professional shop will only be accepted between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday and withdrawals via the Professionals Shop answer machine will NOT be accepted.
3. Exceptions to these rules may be made in cases of sickness, injury and other special circumstances, subject to the discretion of the committee.
4. The tournament committee must be given at least 24 hours’ notice in the event of a withdrawal. Failure to do so will result in a suspension from the next tournament. Code of Conduct & Dress Code All players and caddies/ friends are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner both on and off the course. Golfers must adhere to the clubs current dress code. Failure to do so will result in a ban or refusal of future entry to competitions.
1. Prize funds will vary and be dependent on number of entrants. The actual breakdown for each event will differ subject to the number of entries.
2. As stipulated in the R&A Rules of Golf "An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbol prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of £500 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as maybe decided by the governing body."
3. As such the prize fund for the first place will capped at £500.00 for both professionals and amateurs.
4. Amateurs will be paid in the form of the retail vouchers for Tim Stevens Professional Shop ONLY. Vouchers will be valid for a maximum of 6 months and extensions will not be offered. These vouchers are not transferable for cash.
5. Professionals will win cash. These will initially be handed out as vouchers, and once the prize presentation is complete these can be redeemed for cash with the tournament controller. Professionals ID MUST be produced; failure to do so will result in no cash exchange.
6. Any sponsored prizes in the form of goods and not vouchers will be non-returnable.
7. Nearest the Pin prizes of free entry may only be used for the event immediately following the event in which the prize was won. Players who have paid in advance for all 6 events will receive a voucher in the event of them winning a nearest the pin prize.
The above conditions may be subject to change at any time