Practice Range Safety
As part of our ongoing health & safety measures we continually record incidents to determine any patterns so that steps can be taken to reduce the potential for one of severity. Unfortunately, over recent weeks there has been a significant increase in the number of golf balls that have landed in the properties to the right of the Practice Range, on occasion causing damage to property and raising concern over the potential consequences
In order to keep the Practice Range open for members while long term solutions are considered, the General Committee, following guidance from the Risk and Compliance Committee, has resolved to implement restrictions and additions to the safety equipment in order to mitigate, to a reasonable level, these occurrences.
With immediate effect, a revised usage policy for the range has been introduced. Many points are typical for the use of any Practice Range facility and the points highlighted are intended to ensure as many golf balls as possible stay within the range area and are as follows:
• It is the golfer’s responsibility to not hit a shot when another person may be at risk of being struck
• Hitting of Drivers is not permitted by those able to fly the golf ball beyond the white marker which is a distance of approximately 160 yards. Hitting of other clubs which fly beyond the white marker is still permitted
• If you hit a golf ball and it flies over the boundary hedge to the right of the range, you must report this to the Pro shop or Club office.
• If you hit a ball that flies towards the fairway of the first hole you must shout ‘Fore Left’
- Only one person should be stood within a bay at any one time
• Balls must only be hit from the designated mats
• The golfer must be stood on the mat when hitting
• No one must venture beyond the line of mats onto the grass area of the range
• Swings, including practice swings and warm up exercises, must only be done within a bay
• Mats, other range equipment and fixtures must not be moved
Failure to follow the above would likely result in the range being closed indefinitely and so we ask all members to strictly follow the protocol and also advise others if they are not following the new rules correctly.
We recognise that this is will be frustrating however, this will keep the range open whilst the club determine the most suitable long-term solution.
Please also remember to follow the Covid Secure Procedures at all times.
We appreciate and thank you for your ongoing co-operation.
Simon Collingwood and Pete Livie
Winter League Rules 2020-21
- Matches are to be played at the weekend (Saturday/Sunday) from Sat 21st Nov 2020 to Sun 7th Mar inclusive (=16weeks) and teams must play a minimum of 12 matches to compete for a prize. Members can only play games on days permitted by their membership category.
- The number of qualifying matches will be reduced by one on each occasion the course is unplayable.
- The format is four ball better ball match play. Under World Handicapping System rules, matches are played off the difference between Playing Handicaps. For this format, a 90% Handicap Allowance is applied to the Course Handicap as the final step in calculating a player’s Playing Handicap.
- To enter the Winter League, or play as a substitute, members must have an active WHS handicap. Maximum competition handicap for men is 28; ladies and juniors 36. Members with a higher handicap may play but must play off the maximum handicap.
- Points awarded are 2 for a win, 1 for a halved match and 0 for a loss.
- Match results must be recorded on the sheet on the notice board outside the Men’s locker room by noon on the Monday following the match. Failure to do so will result in both teams being awarded 0 points for the match.
- Neither pair may claim any points from a match that is cancelled. If a match is cancelled, the Professional Shop must be notified by noon on the Monday following the scheduled match. Failure to do so will result in both teams being awarded 0 points for the match.
- League positions are determined by calculating the total points gained expressed as % of the total available from matches played.
- Substitutes are permitted. Only club members may be substitutes. In exceptional circumstances, a team may use two substitutes in a match if both players are unavailable. Where two substitutes are used in a match this should reported to the Professional Shop before the match is played. Only one match can be played at a time.
- During the last four weeks of the competition, all partnerships within the top 20 places must play at least two matches to qualify for a prize.
- All disputes to be resolved by the Captain’s Competition and Handicap Sub-Committee.
- Entry fee is £30 per pair and is payable in the pro shop BEFORE the start of the league. Members who have not paid the entry fee will be deemed to have forfeited any matches they play while the entry fee remains unpaid. The actual result of those matches will stand for their opponents.
- Winning pair are awarded the Dicky Richards Salvers (current champions Alan Martinez/Kevin MacDonald). Prizes to be awarded to 10th place.
- Men to play from the BLUE course and Ladies from the GREEN course.
- Ladies’ Playing Handicap is calculated taking into account slope rating for ladies’ green course and differences in course rating – details to be confirmed with WHS. In matches involving ladies, updated CONGU/WHS advice is that ALL players should use the ladies’ course stroke index to determine at which holes shots are taken.
TLGC Newsletter - August 2020
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- October 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017