Practice Range Safety
As part of our ongoing health & safety measures we continually record incidents to determine any patterns so that steps can be taken to reduce the potential for one of severity. Unfortunately, over recent weeks there has been a significant increase in the number of golf balls that have landed in the properties to the right of the Practice Range, on occasion causing damage to property and raising concern over the potential consequences
In order to keep the Practice Range open for members while long term solutions are considered, the General Committee, following guidance from the Risk and Compliance Committee, has resolved to implement restrictions and additions to the safety equipment in order to mitigate, to a reasonable level, these occurrences.
With immediate effect, a revised usage policy for the range has been introduced. Many points are typical for the use of any Practice Range facility and the points highlighted are intended to ensure as many golf balls as possible stay within the range area and are as follows:
• It is the golfer’s responsibility to not hit a shot when another person may be at risk of being struck
• Hitting of Drivers is not permitted by those able to fly the golf ball beyond the white marker which is a distance of approximately 160 yards. Hitting of other clubs which fly beyond the white marker is still permitted
• If you hit a golf ball and it flies over the boundary hedge to the right of the range, you must report this to the Pro shop or Club office.
• If you hit a ball that flies towards the fairway of the first hole you must shout ‘Fore Left’
- Only one person should be stood within a bay at any one time
• Balls must only be hit from the designated mats
• The golfer must be stood on the mat when hitting
• No one must venture beyond the line of mats onto the grass area of the range
• Swings, including practice swings and warm up exercises, must only be done within a bay
• Mats, other range equipment and fixtures must not be moved
Failure to follow the above would likely result in the range being closed indefinitely and so we ask all members to strictly follow the protocol and also advise others if they are not following the new rules correctly.
We recognise that this is will be frustrating however, this will keep the range open whilst the club determine the most suitable long-term solution.
Please also remember to follow the Covid Secure Procedures at all times.
We appreciate and thank you for your ongoing co-operation.
Simon Collingwood and Pete Livie
Covid Secure Procedures
With both local lockdown and Government policy changing the following are the procedures that are now in place from 14th September. We request all members make themselves aware and keep up to date on these requirements to ensure the Club is able to provide the widest range of services possible, in a manner that is as safe as possible and compliant with the law.
- Social distancing must be maintained at 2 meters unless this is not feasible. In such circumstance where there is mitigation, such as wearing a face covering, the 1 meter plus rule applies.
- Social distancing applies everywhere, on and off the course.
- It is now a legal requirement for the Club to collect data on who and when anyone is at the Club. To achieve this it is necessary to know exactly who is playing. Groups that would normally have a block booking MUST provide the details of who is playing and the groups in which they play. This also applies to matches. Societies will also be required to provide these details.
- Entry to the Clubhouse is only via the door from the rear patio area following the one-way system.
- The locker rooms remain closed. When using the toilet facilities ensure you maintain social distancing and follow the routes marked.
- A face covering MUST be worn when entering the Clubhouse for any reason. (This does not apply to staff)
- Face coverings can only be removed when seated to eat or drink
- When the upstairs bar is in use, access is through the downstairs bar and up the stairs to the left. (The stairs with the stair lift)
- A maximum of two people may use the upstairs toilet facilities at a time.
- When exiting the upstairs bar you MUST use the stairs to the right of the bar and leave using the front door.
- There are hand sanitiser stations positioned in the Pro Shop, the patio door entry point and at the door to the upstairs bar.
- Please wait to be seated be it inside or outside. This is to ensure that the table and chairs have been cleaned between customers.
- You will be served at your table. Please do not approach the bar. Please note we are only accepting card payments at this time.
- Tables and chairs must not be moved.
- People who live outside of the local lockdown area are now able to meet inside and outside in groups of no more than six people regardless of households.
- Social Distancing must be maintained even in those groups. We would ask that people keep to their playing groups where possible to prevent the mixing of more than six people. This is because the regulations state that you must not "become part of any other group of persons". This means that if you are the last person of your four to leave you must NOT go and sit with another group as this effectively links the two groups together breaching the Rule of Six.
- For people who live in the local lockdown area, you should only socialise with people you do not live with outside. Staff will be asking all members whether they live within or outside the local lockdown area. Unfortunately people who live within the local lockdown area are only permitted to sit with people from the same household as there is a requirement on businesses to take steps to ensure people do not socialise with people they do not live with.
We recognise this will impact a significant number of our members and regret this is the case but unfortunately it is beyond the control of the Club.
- Face coverings must be worn on entering the shop.
- A maximum of two customers at a time are permitted.
- Please try to keep the time spent in the shop to a minimum to allow others to enter.
- The range is open for practice as well as warm up prior to playing
- Purchase a token from the Pro Shop
- Dispense balls from the machine
- Hit your balls, mats have been spaced to ensure social distancing
- Please place your basket in the bin of disinfectant provided. Do not leave it for others to touch.
Competition Score entry
- Ensure scores are agreed within the playing group before entering the Clubhouse
- Put on your face covering!
- Only one person per group to use the screen
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser provided
- If you wish to you can clean screen using the screen wipes provided
- Dispose of wipe in the bin provided
- Ensure social distancing is maintained whilst using the screen
- Enter all scores from your group
- Place all cards in the box
- Leave the area around the screen immediately
These procedures have been put in place and will be continually reviewed to ensure we are providing the most comprehensive service possible, in a Covid Secure way, for the safety of all.
Winter League Rules 2020-21
- Matches are to be played at the weekend (Saturday/Sunday) from Sat 21st Nov 2020 to Sun 7th Mar inclusive (=16weeks) and teams must play a minimum of 12 matches to compete for a prize. Members can only play games on days permitted by their membership category.
- The number of qualifying matches will be reduced by one on each occasion the course is unplayable.
- The format is four ball better ball match play. Under World Handicapping System rules, matches are played off the difference between Playing Handicaps. For this format, a 90% Handicap Allowance is applied to the Course Handicap as the final step in calculating a player’s Playing Handicap.
- To enter the Winter League, or play as a substitute, members must have an active WHS handicap. Maximum competition handicap for men is 28; ladies and juniors 36. Members with a higher handicap may play but must play off the maximum handicap.
- Points awarded are 2 for a win, 1 for a halved match and 0 for a loss.
- Match results must be recorded on the sheet on the notice board outside the Men’s locker room by noon on the Monday following the match. Failure to do so will result in both teams being awarded 0 points for the match.
- Neither pair may claim any points from a match that is cancelled. If a match is cancelled, the Professional Shop must be notified by noon on the Monday following the scheduled match. Failure to do so will result in both teams being awarded 0 points for the match.
- League positions are determined by calculating the total points gained expressed as % of the total available from matches played.
- Substitutes are permitted. Only club members may be substitutes. In exceptional circumstances, a team may use two substitutes in a match if both players are unavailable. Where two substitutes are used in a match this should reported to the Professional Shop before the match is played. Only one match can be played at a time.
- During the last four weeks of the competition, all partnerships within the top 20 places must play at least two matches to qualify for a prize.
- All disputes to be resolved by the Captain’s Competition and Handicap Sub-Committee.
- Entry fee is £30 per pair and is payable in the pro shop BEFORE the start of the league. Members who have not paid the entry fee will be deemed to have forfeited any matches they play while the entry fee remains unpaid. The actual result of those matches will stand for their opponents.
- Winning pair are awarded the Dicky Richards Salvers (current champions Alan Martinez/Kevin MacDonald). Prizes to be awarded to 10th place.
- Men to play from the BLUE course and Ladies from the GREEN course.
- Ladies’ Playing Handicap is calculated taking into account slope rating for ladies’ green course and differences in course rating – details to be confirmed with WHS. In matches involving ladies, updated CONGU/WHS advice is that ALL players should use the ladies’ course stroke index to determine at which holes shots are taken.
TLGC Newsletter - August 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- October 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017