The Leicestershire Golf Club Winter Series Competition - Rules
1. The Leicestershire Golf Club Winter Series will consist of 6 events between October and March.
2. All tournaments will be played under The R&A Rules of Golf and Local Rules of The Leicestershire Golf Club.
3. The Competition is open to both amateur and Professional golfers who will compete within the same competition.
4. The competition format will be individual Stableford at The Leicestershire Golf Club with full handicap allowance. All players will play from the white tees.
5. Handicap – Amateurs – full handicap, maximum handicap 28.
6. Handicap – Professionals – All Professionals will play +1.
7. For all amateurs each event will act as a QUALIFIER and handicaps will be adjusted accordingly relative to the competitions standard scratch.
8. Preferred Lies – This rule will be determined on the day and if introduced it will be in operation on closely mown areas only. Players will be able to lift, clean and place within six inches no closer to the hole.
9. Further information can be obtained from the Professional Shop on 0116 2738825 option 3.
1. Any Professional Golfers.
2. Any Amateur with an active CONGU handicap. Players with a handicap greater than 28 must play off 28 for the purposes of these events. Handicap certificates or CDH numbers must be produced at registration. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of any prizes won.
1. Entry can be made by calling The Professional Shop on 0116 2738825 option 3 or emailing email@example.com
1. £30.00 Per Person
2. All entry fees will be collected on the day of the event at registration and must be paid prior to play.
3. Payment must be made using CASH ONLY. Cheque or credit cards/debit cards will not be accepted.
4. Entries must be made by noon on the closing date. Late entries will be accepted via the Professional Shop subject to availability.
5. Once maximum numbers have been reached, further entries will be taken and placed on a reserve list.
In The Event Of a Tie
1. In the event of a tie, determination will be made on a card count-back using the best scores on the back 9,6,3 last hole and finally sudden death from the first hole.
1. Practice Rounds will be available for competitions only at £25.00 per round, subject to availability. 2. Practice facilities at the golf club will be available to competitors on the day of play. Driving range tokens will be sold at £1.50 each (30balls). Pace of Play Players are expected to be mindful of their position on the golf course in relation to the game in front and pace of play will be monitored. Persistent offenders will be subject to penalty and may be refused entry to future events.
1. Prior to the closing date, withdrawal should be made by contacting the Professional Shop on 0116 2738825 option 3.
1. Prize funds will vary and be dependent on number of entrants. The actual breakdown for each event will differ subject to the number of entries.
2. As stipulated in the R&A Rules of Golf "An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbol prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of £500 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as maybe decided by the governing body."
3. As such the prize fund for the first place will capped at £500.00 for both professionals and amateurs.
4. Amateurs will be paid in the form of the retail vouchers for Pete Livie Professional Shop ONLY. Vouchers will be valid for a maximum of 6 months and extensions will not be offered. These vouchers are not transferable for cash.
5. Professionals will win cash.
6. Any sponsored prizes in the form of goods and not vouchers will be non-returnable.
7. Nearest the Pin prizes of free entry may only be used for the event immediately following the event in which the prize was won.
The above conditions may be subject to change at any time.